KangaCon operates with the best interest of the local community and the attendees of the Convention at heart. Because of this, we respectfully ask that attendees respect and follow all local recommendations and directives of health authorities when attending the Convention. The Convention is held in Queensland, and is subject to local laws and directives given by the Health Minister of Queensland. These directives and recommendations are subject to change without notice. The KangaCon team will work to maintain this information page and keep it up-to-date, but it is your responsibility to check and know what is required of you before you attend the Convention.
To view the current recommendations and directives, you can click here: https://www.qld.gov.au/health/conditions/health-alerts/coronavirus-covid-19/public-health-directions
KangaCon staff intend to follow all health directives and recommendations that the Queensland government provides with no exception.
If you are exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19, PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THE CONVENTION SPACE. These symptoms include but are not limited to: fever, runny nose and sore throat.
While attending KangaCon, please:
- Maintain physical distance of 1.5 metres where possible at the Convention
- Keep your physical contact limited – the more people you physically touch, the higher risk you will have of getting sick or making others sick
- Wash your hands frequently using the hand sanitiser located throughout the Convention, or bring your own for a more convenient experience
- While masks are not mandatory, we recommend bringing and wearing one if you feel you are at risk of harm from COVID-19
- Maintain a high personal hygiene standard at the Convention
We ask that you do not attend KangaCon if:
- You feel unwell, or have COVID-19 symptoms
- You have been in close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the previous 7 days
- You have tested positive for COVID-19 in the previous 7 days
- We will be working closely with the host hotel to ensure all safety measures are in place to prevent any spread of COVID-19, to keep all attendees and the local community safe.
If you have purchased a ticket but are unable to attend the Convention due to COVID-19, please get in touch with the KangaCon team, who will be able to assist you in figuring out a resolution.